Friday, May 28, 2010

San Diego Gems












Each city has something special. Something unique that makes it's residents proud. Something that makes them think "yep, that's where I live". I can only think to call these somethings a city's "Gems".

I've spent the last year discovering Atlanta's "Gems" with my husband and family. And boy have I found them. And through all this searching, I forgot about San Diego. The home sick feeling went away. The nostalgia faded.

As my husband and I began planning our vacation to (Vegas) San Diego, and the countdown suddenly got down to single digits, the "Gems" started popping up in my head once again.

So we had a list of things we had to see. And we saw most of them. And as we checked off the list, we began to realize the only thing San Diego holds for us anymore is our family and friends. While we still found it beautiful, it was lacking.....something.....personality maybe.

None the less, we had a wonderful trip. We filled each and every day with lovely memories, and I snapped over 400 pictures.

So, my list of the top 5 San Diego "Gems"!




1) Balboa Park

2) La Jolla Cove-specifically the Children's Pool and the Water Walk



3) Petco Park
4) Sunset Cliffs
5) Sea World

No comments:

Post a Comment