Monday, November 30, 2009

Walking in a Georgian winter wonderland. 12/01/09

As we being our descent from 2009 and begin to see 2010 on the horizon, I can only say one thing. Where has this year gone? As a child we wait impatiently for earmarks throughout the year, making time drag. As teenagers we crave eighteen and complain about the pace of life. As an adult, we stand on the sidelines unable to stop the quickness and frenzy called life. What a year my friends, what a year.

Matt and I made the largest and most difficult choice we've ever been faced with this year. Our move to Georgia has yielded so much in the way of experiences and life lessons. I struggle here and there with my new environment, but overall....I will always cherish the memories we've created.

It seems that most editions of "Notes on Georgia" contain weather information. I suppose this is because the weather has been one of the most drastic changes we've faced as of yet. People move to San Diego for two reasons: 1) the mild amazing weather and 2) scenery. People move to Georgia for one reason: to appreciate sun.

Were walking in a winter wonderland in Georgia. I can tell you one thing for sure! I have a new appreciation for Christmas lights. Without the sparkling homes throughout this state our environment would be just plain depressing! The trees that I found so amazing upon moving here are now dormant, barren and cold looking. Without a leaf in sight on the branches, Georgia looks like a tree cemetery. At night branches are illuminated by the moon, creating a sea of contorted arms, reaching for who knows what.

I also have a new appreciation for the saying "chilled to the bone". The air is so incredibly crisp and cold. You can see your breath, and the occasional gust of wind is enough to knock you down.

Christmas saves the day of course! Businesses and homes alike are decked out in white twinkle lights. Our town of Dunwoody, GA has morphed into a Christmas dream. We've watched the temperature drop to the high 28 degrees in the last few nights. My California blood was certainly not prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment